Taking refuge on Craigslist to distract myself from a winter storm (late February), I stumbled onto these really cOOl Victorian Theatre seats—$25!
The first thought that popped in my head was, “These would be amAZing as outdoor seating on the deck!”
I text an offer,
they were still available,
and my offer was accepted—$15!
I chased off to get them—at this incredible house to boot!
Check out the front doors!
So—on to the seats!
I got boards –deck boards– so it would “blend” more and not detract from the vintage patio table (another story) already there! Deck boards would be rigid, meant for the outdoor elements, and hold up to the wider span of the bigger seat without a center support.
I cut the boards down, had to rip one, ran them through the router, dry fit them, stained them—then applied them!
The seat frames were already “PLACED” in position to figure out the boards and lengths needed.
I dry-fit the boards to make any adjustments needed, then sanded and stained them before the final application.
And here they are in actual application—I screwed them to the deck to keep them totally stable!
Perfect extra seating when needed—and the seats flip up out of the way when not needed! Perfect! And this whole project only cost about $35.
◊ I think I’m going to create a wood arm-rest too!
◊ Ugh- the deck needs to be stained again too!