Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘decoupage’ Category

I’ve been on a dresser hunt.

I’ve found 3 that are perfect!

DRESSER projects!

About a month ago I got an email with a funny request.

They just couldn’t make up their minds about this dresser quick enough and missed out.  But was there ANY WAY I could DO IT AGAIN?

Why, YES, I could!   That’s the 2nd dresser.

FUN & Playful!

Remember this project?

my Victorian dresser~NOW!Well~having found another serpentine-fronted dresser, I was going to leave it that “blonde” finish and do a variation using THIS poster.

floral posterA new project~but an old one too!

 

But someone else with regrets for letting that 1st get away asked if I could do it again!   Why, YES, I can!

Although she liked the new direction . . . could I do the other?  Again?  Yes, I actually had another of that poster too!  So I painted the dresser white yesterday.

Both dressers needed minor repairs, then a paint job.  Today I will decoupage the posters and ready them to leave—Saturday and Monday!

The 3rd dresser, so far~

no specific plans, and,

no one asking for some kind of REPEAT!

I guess I can think about it for a minute. . .

Catherine

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

face book, Buy-Sell-RummageIn no particular order,

from all I listed at the end of my last post. . .

 

July 09

I saw this dresser on one of the facebook shopify pages.

It was during one of those little unexpected lulls.  A quick, FUN project to play with!

Structurally, it was good, but it needed some REstyling.  BADLY.

The plan

It was pretty clean, but OMG did it STINK like an ashtray!

adding corner blocks to support new wheels

new wheels to make it more mobil

a reproduction postered front!

 

*If anyone knows a miracle cure for ashtray stink, please, I’m all ears!

I washed it inside and out with white vinegar and left it out in the hot sun for days—it STILL stunk.  In the end, I painted the inside drawers~only an 80% cure.

Up on saw horses, I added blocking to the bottom corners so I could add wheels. It’s a fun touch, AND helps me move it in around easier!  ; D

A N D- I found this Marvels comic reproduction poster.  I thought it would be a really fun addition to the 60’s bow-fronted dresser style.

But 1st~ let’s strip and REstain the top!

stripped and REstained top

I mixed paint to match the border of the poster—because it didn’t completely cover the dresser face.  Plus, the wood was marred in several areas and would’ve required more work than was worth the trouble  ~considering a REsale price.

the Captain America poster

And here’s the end result!

Fun & Playful!

Catherine

before~FUN & Playful!

 

 

N e x t . . !

 

Read Full Post »