I was in a pseudo Twilight Zone trying to buy this danged dresser.
the dresser has a whole new look-style-vibe and is already looking for a new home via the antq mall!
Well, like I said in the last post,
I had visions of a simple, classic, and elegant REdo.
I jumped right into REfinishing the top and working on the many needed repairs. I knew what colors I planned on using—I could SEE IT finished!
A N D T H E N, when I couldn’t fall asleep one night, this OTHER IDEA came to me. Contingent to finding the right floral~something. With NO wallpaper that fits this new vision, I went in search of a large poster!
I was feeling kind of badly that I already painted the drawers that pretty pale watery-blue-green. Seemed like a waste. But then–I made an adjustment to the poster as I cut it out, and left a ½” reveal all around.
FYI– Press n’ seal works great to cover & protect the steel wheels, as you see below.
On to the poster~
Taking one drawer at a time –from the bottom drawer up– I tacked the poster at the bottom drawer edge, then used a box cutter along the top edge to cut out each part of the poster.
Once things were “settled” and easier to see, I absolutely decided on cutting each section down for a ½” reveal of the blue-painted drawers.
You can see how “pristine” the poster looks, which some might like, but I wanted a very old look. So I crumpled up each section, and even tore it a bit like “wear.” THEN I used heavy-duty wallpaper paste to apply each section.
–Decoupaging with a poster is no easy feat, and very different to work with~thickness and finish of paper. LOTS of patience is REQUIRED.
TEXTURE! This poster was a printing of a canvas painting! ♥♥♥
Plus, you can see my additional “age.”
Once the postered sections were afixed and dry, I brushed on a top coat to seal it. I’m tempted to run back down to the antq mall with a white paint pen and outline the edges for a little more “finish.” Up close~I think it needs it, but in the general view it looks fine as is. So, idk~