Posts Tagged ‘Catrina’

My new display cabinet for the antique mall!I’ve had several inquiries for one of my display cabinets in the antique mall.     The first one came—as I was installing it!

I really wasn’t interested in selling it—

       I built it because I nEEded it!

                4 adjustable shelves have made it incredibly flexible.

It started with pilfering off the bottom of this thrift store chair—see that post beginning HERE.

Where it all started!

Since a BIG cabinet seems to be so interesting. . .

Ensiola finished, Catrina only just built!Do you remember this loooong ago post for 2 Girl’s Armoires?

I had just finished building Catrina in this picture!  Ensiola is on the left.

The cabinet on the left -Ensiola- is the one I’m thinking I’ll REbuild  GrownUp size!

So, I’m off to my studio to get goingtalk soon!



Read Full Post »

I had this idea in my head for a while now

for a little girl’s armoire.

Actually, TWO ideas, but one was definitely going to test my math and wood working skills, so I started with the “easier” design, figuring it would help me sort out just how to build the second.  Which was truly challenging and is one of my absolute favorites—

and I named it for ME!

But 1st— Ensiola!

*named for my bf!

The top picture shows a few of the pieces used.  Those porch spindles?  WellI cut them into individual “balls” making bun feet!

I imagined an old fashioned design with chicken wire doors, and used some great fretwork corner pieces found in a flea market a couple summers back.  The crown molding was found in a ReStore, and again, the bun feet were cut out of savaged porch spindles.  I’m always collecting hardware and fabulous vintage wall papers, and the paper used in both cabinets I actually found documented in a book!


22″w  x 46″h  x 13″d


*This piece sold and shipped to Arkansas!

. . . and then my difficult baby. . .


23″w  x46″h  x13″d


Now the one that became my challenge.

I wanted the lattice to be the same thickness as the door frame.  I needed to figure out how thick to rip each of the layers, and figure out the depth of the dado so both layers would stack together flush in the door frame.

And it got more complicated at the center rails, oh my goodness!  All this fuss to be sure the door looked good, AND was rigidremember a little one will be playing with it!

Btwthe base -or feet- were styled and cut from 2×4’s!

Both cabinets were made using reclaimed pine, flea market hardware, and crown molding donated to a ReStore.  AND both have the same Magnolia & Cardinal vintage wall paper     that I found documented in a book!


















I’m sharing these cabinets with these linkie parties!

Domestically SpeakingPhotobucket




The Shabby Nest


Furniture Feature Fridays






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


freckled laundry

Read Full Post »