giving me a lot of angst to RESIST!
I really don’t NEED more things.
I confess I AM adding to my silver collections though!
An upstairs bedroom was storing a very old, pitiful-looking bench. Sure~it needed a good dose of love, but would be great for their sale! Catherine to the rescue! ; D
It had a broken arm, a warped leg, and was pretty loosey-goosey. The seat’s springs had become pretty wonky, but its leather was intact and still relatively supple.
Overall, a basic REdo!
~I drilled out/cleaned up the original doweled joints to fix the arm.
~I used a pocket screw method to reinforce and firm up the wiggly frame. Which seemed to straighten the “warped” leg some.
~I applied new furniture-upholstering webbing underneath to REsupport the springs and pulled the nail heads.
THEN I sanded, primed, and painted!
Already looking better, I added it to the growing list of pieces that would need to be REcovered. But they’d all be done together in a few days.
I had several projects going at once, but when the weather changed for the worse on us I decided to go “play” indoors with some upholstery!
I played with several options for this bench–like vintage linens and ticking, some unusual damask patterns~ and a feed sack.
In the end, the feed sack won out because it was more FUN!
And I trimmed it out with vintage pillow case tatting!