Remember that STINKY-NASTY dresser I got off Craigslist?
The one that an animal peed in~ and has been sitting on the driveway since late June?
And STILL stinks~in part.
Well~ I DEconstructed the WHOLE darn thing –and surprisingly– THAT seemed to help! So I grabbed some of its parts to work into some projects!
The 1st project-
was to rip two parts of the dresser’s side panels that could be paired together, then secured them together using maple door stop material creating a frame.
Afterwhich, I took the whole thing into the house and scrub-brushed it down. I even bleached it too!
It gave the whole piece a great patina! And look at that natural, aged craqueleur.
In lieu of the standard wreath, I’ve created something different!
I went on a Christmas-pinning tangent about 3 years ago and recently went back to look at all the inspiration. This project stood out once AGAIN!
That star was SO much easier to create since learning how to make a perfect pentagon—I made another to use as a template.
~I centered my pentagon, then followed the 5 fold lines outward to mark the exact points to pre-drill for the pegs. THAT EASY!
~I glued and hammered in each peg, and let them set up before wrapping with my ribbons.