I cleaned the scale and took it to the antique mall. The stand~I had other plans for.
Thursday, I finally went to buy the appropriate metal, then took all the parts to be fabricated—I don’t know how to weld. It was an UNcomplicated job and done in no time at all!
On my way back ~consumed by my “visual” thoughts of what wood I might have for this project~ I happened on an ah-MAZ-ingly THICK-boarded pallet behind a business and hustled to load it up! (*Y’know I’m gonna be totally stalking that place now!)
I could SEE this project even before I was able to dig it out of that dumpster.
Believe me~THAT’s how I was able to muster the strength to pry this heavy guy out of its entanglement. Determination!
I ripped the boards to width, cut them to length, rounded over the edges on the router table. Smoothed out the extremely rough milled wood with lots of sanding~but not so much to take away all that character. 3 coats of Polyurethane.
Today I drilled holes in the metal at varying points to stabilize the wood “slats” and keep things from warping/wracking down the line.
AND I wrestled with coat hooks.
I don’t like anything I have left. All my aMAZing stuff is used and gone now, and I’ve had no luck finding “new” stuff—even at last Sunday’s flea market.
I thought these ← might look fantastic, but—ehhh.