I got super lucky to see this ad on Craigslist
& get there 1st!
I’m usually like 5 minutes too late.
Now~several sheets were pretty ROUGH but I happily took them anyway—I just knew they could be salvaged! AND~those were the sheets I started with!
I took a rubber mallet and pounded the sheet “flat.” Then cut off the GOOD row of 4 squares. I did NOT toss out the cut off~it’ll be used in another project~wait & see! ; D
THIS is my newest tool! An angle grinder! I’ve wanted one for a while, but I’m pragmatic and only buy as I actually have need. It cut through that tin like a hot knife through butter! And I came away INJURY-FREE!
Worth its weight in gold for THAT alone, right?
That done, I headed back to my cut tin to try wrapping and securing around the frame. A little trial & err here.
I found it actually harder and really awkward to bend around the frame, so I REgrouped and tried bending and pounding the tin around the edge of the table, THEN went back to wrap the box. Bingo!
So here’s a tin box. Whoopie-doo.
like every other tin box I’ve seen flea marketing ordinary.
I like to be different! And I like things with at least a LITTLE BIT of refinement! So I added a cap. It also cleaned up the top edge which was bothering me. I used Maple bull nose molding scraps I had from casing the doors and windows in the house. AND I stained it—better!
It still felt like it needed something -I consulted with my bf who agreed- so I dug through my stashes of small feet—and THAT made all the difference!