but then I got another idea,
& jumped into it with great excitement!
The project started by cutting the door in half. Without an extra pair of hands on the back side of the saw (safety 1st), and because I don’t have an outfeed table for my table saw, I pulled out my Kreg Circular Saw Rip Guide. An inCREDible tool I got at Haven the 3rd year!
◊ The Rip Guide made an easy task of the first and main cut, but I left the hardware on parts of the door (for something down the line) so I returned to the table saw after.
◊ Since I cut the door down the center of the middle stile, I needed to cut the outer edges to match.
You can also see how dried out the old paint is—so before painting- I decided to hit it all with the sander~
just to see what would happen!
What great luck! What beautiful wood!
~But I did paint the molding!
So finally~ THIS is where I took my project!
But~ I just can’t part with the pair of sconces you see here and will be using a very Frenchy pair of vintage scones that are being REwired (for safety). Both pilasters will have a long cord through the back side to plug in.
I’ll share the absolutely finished project once those are mounted!
My “Lighted Pilasters!”