–right before my hand surgery-
I picked up Judy’s (husband’s) dresser for a makeover.
Who knew it’d be such a S L O W recovery and big delay in project.
I’ve tried my. . . hand. . . (sorry) at different projects to see how much I can get back to—some tools are still off limits. Safety-safety-safety!
Knowing a confidence for those two most used tools is wonderful!
(can I get a w♥♥t-w♥♥t!)
Judy’s dresser, stage 1
First things first—amputation. Apologies to all you MCM-lovers.
Now for some new “LEGS!”
These are some of the Swedish pieces she was really drawn to, and I need to find the elements that will translate to her dresser for a realistic transformation.
*Digging through my stashes for architectural pieces-other stuff-different things to get a visual and kick some ideas around. . .
landed on a stair spindle & skirted-leg combo for the bottom.
◊ I figured out the balance, and cut out a new SKIRT-APRON, also, ran the parts through the router. . .
◊ ripped the stair spindle in half to create pilasters, and beefed up the front sides to accommodate them!
The center front of the skirt-apron is intentionally hitting the floor to act sort of like a center leg— this is a heavy, solid wood dresser!