but you seemed to really like my
I just used a door bell button to cover over the third hole in a triple light switch cover. It’s a dummy -not wired to anything- but you CAN push the button!
I intended to add the writing by a transfer method, but the finish of the plastic cover was NOT having it! Plan B—I printed the writing on white tissue paper and applied THAT with ModPodge!
Now that I’m FINALLY getting some forward progress in the finger department, I’ve been playing around with MY kind of “crafting” projects to REwork strength & dexterity in my whole hand! Scissors are sUper awkward!
I found 4 small’ish 25¢ oval frames thrifting a few years ago and knew I would have some fun with them sometime down the line.
I used cardstock paper to make an oval template, to cut 4 inserts from ¼” veneered plywood. I primed and painted all 4 inserts and readied them for a “press here” and “Butler” transfer. BUT THEN…
I changed my mind! I decided to wrap the wood inserts with scraps of grainsack for the texture.
I played around setting it all up graphically a few days back, and now a little more time playing around with the size and spacing! But it was ultimately very easy!
I epoxy’d the doorbell buttons in place last night. I’ll still add the screws to the holes, but use a metal grinder to knock the access off from the back side.
The door bell button. They can be surprisingly kind of expensive—even the plain ones! And you need to figure out how to address the mechanical portion of it if you’re using a shallow “format.” The style I chose is raised and I didn’t have to “amend” the guts of it in any way!
I DID, however, take some sand paper to the glossy brassy finish to make it look older.
I made 2 Butlers and 1 Champagne
that I’ll be taking to the antique mall!
…if only a BUTLER would appear…sigh.
And I guess I’ll have to pour my own Champagne.
I’m sharing this project at The Curator’s Collection