on a curb with some other FUN stuff.
Yes- it’s been on HOLD for a looooong time,
but I finally had an idea for it!
It’s such an awkward height
-and so odd in general-
I’ve yet to figure out just what the cabinet’s original use was—??
But I kinda’ liked it and knew it could be REworked into something interesting and useful!
I started this project with a SAW—of course!
Well –actually– I started by removing the flip-lid and drop-down front.
Then I cut away the former top rail to REuse, and knocked out the lower open-work front to make way for the relocated drop-down front. I found the little apron was actually part of that front, and had to run it through the table saw to separate it -and REplace it.
And before I called it a night (as you can see), I cut the back down and reapplied that, AND put it’s original top back on—but it’s “fixed” now! I just can’t imagine having to clear everything off the top every time you want to open it.
I puttied and used construction adhesive to “caulk” all the new joinery, and left everything to set up for the night!
Today I’ll work on sanding and painting and waxing it. Then I’ll have to hustle it out to the antique mall—a bunch of sales have left my space looking barren (I’m NOT complaining)!