I’m just getting to work on it.
It’s in good condition, but for the drop-down part, and that should be a fairly simple repair!
Now to figure out a color scheme.
I taped off for over-spray using Paper Tape. I bought a generic brand to save some money~and make a comparison from the one I usually buy. Not bad, but not quite as sticky a hold in the humidity. All in all, I’d probably buy this generic again (save some money). Plus- painters tape gets really expensive and this works well for many projects…TRY IT!
I liked the chartreuse green color—good for a girl or boy, & a young, fresh feeling!
Once I removed the divided insert, I kind of preferred the clean open interior. It leaves more room for today’s uses (computers and all). So I left it out—less work to do too!
But with some dimension. I painted 2 coats of a very pale blue-gray, THEN I painted a top coat of white. I did a little distress sanding to reveal the base color and some wood—then I burnished it with a razor blade to a fine hand and a slight sheen. The finish feels almost like a waxed piece. Oh, and, you can create some interesting distressing!
Instead of the usual painted manufacturer’s stamping it had a metal plate. I love those little extras!
We’re having another weird-weather day & the light is s t r a n g e! But you can see some of the sheen on the secretary’s lid.
Again, that’s from burnishing the finished paint with a razor blade.