And- the continual rain has made everything a challenge. BUT—the antique mall called to say several big things sold and I had “holes.” More importantly, it meant many breakables were left sitting on the floor!
Sure, a gOOd problem, but a challenge to drop everything and hustle through some BIG replacement projects. I scoured Craigslist -with little success. But, I did find this dresser that was in pretty good shape (except for the nasty ashtray smell—yuck).
I aired it in the sun for several days, then cleaned it with vinegar water. It doesn’t smell -now- I just hope it won’t -revive- sitting in my store space.
Not having a lot of time to devote to this project, I decided to repeat a successful old project!
Having done the project once, it was fast to do it again –and- since I kind of liked the original walnut finish, cleaning was also faster than painting.
Although it’s not some fantastically-stylish dresser, I think it came out pretty nice!
I tried out a few different state maps, but ended up using a late ’50’s era map of Wisconsin for its vertical shape—and more of my replacement luggage handles!……. I really like the very masculine feel!