. . . so this is what I did in the end.
The dresser looked sO pretty and refreshed painted in the Revere Pewter and Alabaster White.
Yeah—WAS looking good up to The Accent Color Debacle. Ooooh well.
I’d decided to only accent a few of its subtle details, like the fluting in the full front stiles-legs, the flourishes, and the recessed upper drawer section. And THEN I REvisited the recessed drawers. With découpage. Yes~more découpage.
I grabbed my vintage French vocabulary book and started leafing through for cool pages to use! And I finally tore out the cover pages—which you can see on the 2nd drawer.
I also added the petit fleur de lis to each drawer.
I stained them dark to match what stain I kept.
After découpaging, I lime waxed each drawer to create a sun-faded appearance -which also toned down each fleur de lis.
Lastly, I seal-coated all the remaining parts.
Tuesday morning I got everything REset at the antique mall and jumped on the highway to head out of town for the rest of the week! More on that later -but- I’ve already found a new project to bring back—it’s REALLY UGLY, just wait till you see what I’m doin’ with it!
This is one very heavy, solid wood, well-made dresser. Even Bird’s Eye Maple drawer boxes. Nothing cheap here!
I’m sharing this project with a couple of my favorite linky parties!