I’ve been storing it in the garage attic unsure of how I would deal with it,
Since I was able to get back to it (with the warmer weather, and the garage door open again—YaY!). .I pulled it to work on at last!
This is not a true Before—… I got busy sanding immediately, then realized I didn’t take that before.
There was NO DRAWER, and, although I was always interested in coming up with some clever REinvention—I still had no real ideas. But- needing to freshen my space in the antique mall, I decided to just give it
a cute face lift!
It DiD have nice wood!
I gave it a thorough sanding, over-stained it, and then went digging through my stash of vintage yard sticks. I used the ones that were thinner to sink into the recesses of the flat-paneled sides.
That was fun and easy!
But now on to the missing drawer—I had to build one!
Sorry again, I forgot all about taking pictures of building a drawer box- I was kinda short on time. It was really only interesting working on the face anyway.
I routered a RABBET and a DADO so it would fit exactly around the two rails in the face of the table and look equal to the sides. Unfortunately, it sits a little proud of the table face—but, I’m okay with it!