Thank goodness I didn’t start this project any closer to Christmas–it has NOT been easy going and has tested me at every turn! It may have been easier to build a new staircase and the storage underneath~WoW.
This is what I last shared with you… it may not seem to you like I’m much further– but I actually am. There’s a multitude of solved problems and issues you can’t see.
Overcoming those problems, . . I could move on to covering over the stair stringers and work on the face frame.
Just above, you see I’m trying to figure out a trim piece for the front edge of the upper section and I was testing some plates out for shelf-heights and plate rails.
I’ve been juggling the under stair storage AND the kitchen refresh,
Next, I’ll be re-casing the sink window before end of day–it wasn’t done properly and doesn’t match the new casing from the house renovations.
AND if time permits– I want to make changes to the chandelier. Beginning with its placement. It’s sO off center to the table. THAT is just ONE of the builder items I corrected on every house I used to build. And the usually inconvenient location of thermostats.