What I always wanted was open storage so I could SEE ALL my pretty china!
So when I -just for kicks- propped the doors back in place I was pretty surprised at how much I liked them. Oh. Poo. Now what…?
…even you guys like it with doors. . .hmmm. Sooo. . .
Another change of plans became stripping it. Professionally. I had a full plate of projects and this little addition was going to take a good bit of time.
*I negotiated a good price + Blizzards for an immediate strip-job. ; D
My hope was that all the woods would strip down light enough and be REstained in one united light-medium, soft-medium color. Fingers crossed.
I pulled out 3 different sanders and coarse-med-fine paper to get the look I was wanting. Unfortunately, even after a bleach-job, the header and feet were still darker.
Plan B. After focusing on all that sanding –just to the outside– I got out the Liming wax. Which did give me more of a “natural~bleached wood finish” but the feet and header were still a miss-match.
This was all last Friday.
I finished the outside -which looked nice– but I wasn’t 100% sold.
And -I decided to wrap it up for the night—with good timing because two of my princess-nieces came to spend the night and go to Oktoberfest the next day! Where I made the mistake of having a chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick. SUPER GOOD but TOO RICH and left me feeling “off” on such a FAB-78° day!
Sunday was to be an even better day! It was the very last Elkhorn Flea Market ~and the only one I would make it to for the whole season!
But somewhere between the cheesecake-on-a-stick and the alarm going off at 3:10 am. . .
I got the flu.
As much as I was trying to fake being WELL and go anyway–it just wasn’t gonna happen, and I’ve had a miserable week. My biggest project was changing the bed sheets Wednesday to psych myself into feeling better—or write this post. . .