The old record cabinet may be finished~but it still seems to have no clear identity.
Sure, all the slots are gone that made it a record cabinet, but it is just a bit too tall at 37″ to be a good side table or night stand (even with a high bed).
Well, it’s going to the antique mall for sale–and someone else can figure it out!
~ ~ ~
I cut shelves to slide into those slots. If you look closely you’ll see the slots are DADO’s and the ends/sides of the shelves are RABBETs!
I finished painting, and after lightly distressing the outside to reveal a bit of the undercoat of white primer–I LIKED IT–so I left well enough alone and just waxed it.
The final touch was covering the door’s cut out with 3/8″ chicken wire. Tomorrow I’ll apply trim to clean it up. *I wanted to router a rabbet to sink the wire but the curved door would require a trim router–which I don’t have~yet.