You can see the Hall projects throughout the months of February and June 2014.
I’ve begun hanging tongue and groove pine boards to the ceiling, but, just above the bed area.
I really wanted the space to have a more COZY and PRIVATE sense for anyone using it. So I hung drapes to effect separation~ but made them lace for a lighter feel.
I had said in a previous post that I would face-trim the drapery mount so you wouldn’t see the dowels—and that’s where I jumped back in.
4″ painted pine, just at the sleeping area ceiling for a cocooning effect.
I was participating in a glue trial so I got to play with gluing the boards up vs shooting them in place with my compressor/nailer.
The nail gun means less “destruction” if it’s ever taken down, but it also means puttying lots of holes.
The glue was a new Gorilla Bond construction adhesive that I really liked. It had great “grab” for an instant hold—but it didn’t give much room for wiggling things into place so you had to be pretty precise placing boards. I used a rubber mallet to flatten the boards to the ceiling and squish out the glue.
You can see I ripped wood to the ceiling angle (by tipping the table saw blade to the right angle)–to close in the pine at the peak and give a “flat” finish to re-hang the chandelier. I also used some (upside down) chair rail cap to trim/finish the end runs.
The same chair rail cap will be used to finish the leading edges—I was initially going to rip the sliver of pine to close in the gap, but the chair-rail cap was a perfect fit!
Some boards got pre-painted, unfortunately not all of them so I’ll have to paint UPSIDE DOWN—fun, fun. I didn’t have enough chair rail cap so I’ll quickly chase off for that, finish any caulking and get painting.