I’m closing in on their finish!
But yesterday I discovered a correction that needed to be made.
I made a miss-cut dividing the tall dresser in two.
I needed to deconstruct much of the center section of this dresser because of that APPLIED/WRAPPED external center rail system.
Lost in this ODD PUZZLE of construction,
eventually, I forgot about that bottom rail that is necessary to opening the bottom drawer of the NOW bench!
You can see in the picture below my assumption that it was supposed to be the TOP rail of the dresser–WRONG. And now I’ll have to make some adjustments before I can attach the dresser TOP.
A “lacquered” look for this ’60’s SET!
Another part of this project was to re-create that undulating toe-kick from the dresser for the new bench—I found a 2 x 4 to be perfect in this endeavor, simply lining it up to the dresser toe-kick and tracing out the shape.
Since I still don’t have my own band saw, I ran over to my friendly strippers- ; D -to borrow theirs! Their saw/blade was in desperate need of replacement and didn’t make the cleanest cut so I had a lot of clean up to do with the belt sander. *But beggars can’t be choosers.
You can see a bit of the finished undulating toe-kick under the bench, and where I left off for the day. Clearly–I still have some work to go before all is said and done, but things are coming along!