The trellises were hung in mom’s garden and have deep red and white Mandevilla growing aLL OVer them! The camp chair was painted and given new coverings with furniture webbing!
See that sad looking stool–??
~Its turn has finally come!
– I took off that splintered OSB, square (??) top,
– and cut a ROUND seat from a thick piece of PINE.
– I had some leftover canvas (from making a tee pee tent with the little boys!). I was trying to figure out this transferring process–with no success~STILL. *I think I may have the WRONG style printer–to let go of the ink.
—You can see how poorly the image transferred, so I camouflaged it with a long soak in some instant coffee!
Can I call it a “fAUX grainsack?!?” ; D
– I made a boxed cushion for a better, “old-styled” fit (cut a circle, sew a band around it -it’s like a slip-cover- thEN staple it underneath). I thought it would have a better overall look than just wrapping the fabric over the batting-foam-pine!
– And for an unexpected touch, I added a section of some vintage-flea market lace before attaching it to the stool!
The open ends remind me of a shirt collar! *double click the picture to see it better!
Lastly–I cleaned and painted the stool. I painted the under-inside a chartreuse, and the outside white! ~I was just looking for the smallest pop of color!