A fast recap~
Found this ugly thing on Craig’s List, $30
I cut it in two,
made a bench with the bottom.
And this is what I’m doing with the upper half.
I decided to make it a smallish night stand, dresser, commode. But I wanted to completely manipulate away that french provincial style!
I pulled 4 legs from my
hoarding stock supplies (that had been cut off some table in a former project)!
I ran 2 through the table saw jUst enough to create a “flat” back to attach to the dresser front.
A 3rd leg was ripped in half to attach to each side near the back. However~I cut the “foot” off first, and had to cut a foot off of a forth leg too.
I attached each of the new “styles” with glue, and nailed them from the back side.
Those back styles/legs—I drilled a hole for a dowel to re-attach their feet.
I also re-faced the curved rails to edit out those tell-tale routed grooves that aLL those dressers seem to have. I glued on the thin strips, and used painter’s tape -like clamps- till they are dried.
AnD–I pried off that stUpid applied panel from the top drawer, and cut a new –plain– apron for the dresser bottom!
You can see that I also wrapped the top with some wood. Primarily to fill the gap from the shortage of the table leg-new style, but also, to add another element that changes the original design!