My days have been very roller coaster-like since having my little surgical procedure last Tuesday. And it’s been a challenge to work on -anything- at length.
I just couldn’t finish the 2nd hall tree on time so I donated one of my children’s cabinets instead. I really hope it, too, will fetch a good dollar amount for Vicky. Fingers crossed.
I named this cabinet -locker-cubby- LANDEN, for my gr-nephew Landen. And it is hIS grandmother that the benefit is for.
*the reason I picked thIS cabinet
Thankfully, their “cup runneth over” with donations, and I DiD also make 2 beautiful spring floral arrangements.
But, let me show you what I was TRYing to build for this 2nd charity benefit.
(I DiD get pretty far along–)
The 2nd Hall Tree.
I picked out some things and parts to bring together. I wasn’t sure exACTly what I would ultimately use, so this was just a part of my “creating process!” ~Options, y’know!
-So, I decided to use the split pediment instead of the half moon frame. I took the mirror and frame apart to get to it.
-Then seeing how it would/could fit onto the door and its new height, I decided to cut off the top panel section. And I needed to create a spacer, or transitional piece to bulk up the top again. I cut a piece of wood to length and depth, and then routered a dado for the pediment to fit into.
-Next I began working on the “box” using the top section of the door I cut off.
-And I used stair railing pickets to create legs/feet for support.
-I also cut up an old cabinet door to make a hinged lid for its new hidden storage.
I’m going to end here, at the construction phase—although, mUch of the painting was well under way. I’ll show you more of that next post.
I’ve needed more follow up with the doctor –proving just how infected the cyst actually was, and the reason I just couldn’t stay on this project to finish in time.