This project began in a call from my favorite lighting store, (who has rewired many a crazy lighting projects for me) would I be interested in a decorative paint job for one of their clients…? Well, let’s see it!
No—they don’t want me to paint this beauty, whew! They wanted the finish of this one to inspire the finish of another…..
…it too, was amazing!
*Can I turn them down and just buy both from them instead!?!
Yes, I can see why they want to alter this one! Big job getting between all those arms -16 of them- but, SURE! Here are some details—-
I could totally see the first chandelier’s finish inspiring this one’s finish—but it turned out she wanted something else after all.
She would like it to have the soft, golden, brassy tones and glow of THIS ONE to be the inspiration.
Yep~this is going to be a challenge.
After a thorough cleaning and a few test patches for color I realized the texture that came with the verdigris finish was seriously problematic. And I spent the next 2 hours HAND SANDING the whole thing—a job I would NOT want to do again. Ever. I was filthy by the end of it, and my hands just ached.
You can see all my hard work in the smoothness of the primer coating.
When I finish the FINISH -haha-
I’ll share pictures….
it’s looking really nice, and actually old!
I want to keep it!