Here’s some of the lighting I’ve been working on to go to the mall–things I’ve been sitting on for a while, and a recent find.
I got stUck with this lamp shade just to buy a lamp I DiD want. Fortunately, the shape and scale of it were good for this lamp I recently bought at The ReStore’s annual ½-price sale.
I stRIPPED off someone’s DIY-improvement of burgundy crushed velvet (can you say FAILure). Sorry, could nOt torture my camera for picture of that mess!
I gilded the interior of the shade for a softer glow–and wallpapered the outside with anaglyptic paper. And you can see I needed more fingers (than I had) so clothespins became my little helpers!
$5 $2.50 lamp!
I loved that it was turned wood! And that shape–as well as the harp!
I spray painted it a soft white.
I painted the wallpapered shade with a soft white too, but I dark waxed it to show the texture better.
*You’ve really got to click on the picture to see this closer up~ so pretty!
Dang it~I forgot to take a before pic of this “chandy” AnD lamp shade frame ~sorry.
The lighting part of the chandelier was stripped from a “structure” I wanted for a different purpose (*but I didn’t throw it out, It was that nAsty-shiny gold.
The shade was 1 of a pair I rescued from a dumpster! I patiently sat with a glue gun and some old lace and covered the wire frame. (I’d like to cover the 2nd one with a really loose-weave burlap I bought at Scott’s.)
I was totally playing with the hot glue gun and added wax drips to the candle sleeves before I painted away the rest of that nAsty gold.
I forgot to get a picture of this baby chandelier, but it just so happened to get caught in this shot~yAy! It’s a cute little guy, but it could be c-Uu-t-er.
I dry-brushed it with a pale blue eggshell, then with a soft white, and waxed it, and added some cottage-y chandelier shades I’ve had forEVer!
But I was so hurried to get it to the store— now that I see it hanging~ooooh, eeey. It’s tOO plain, and the shades are tOO big. I’ll be re-working this fixture.
*I went back again to that auction today, but was out bid on everything I wanted by the antiques store owners, and consignment shop owners that got it all.
I left with 1 item~I’m sure only because none of them had interest in it.
I’ll play with it and flip it too! It was $35.
A few things I was out bid on. . .
And~look what I saw in a trophy case going in! I guess it wasn’t part of an urn, but rather, part of a trophy!
I’m sharing these projects with these FABulous linky parties!
Read Full Post »