It has Taken. On. A Life. of its Own. Truly.
It’s 11 days before Christmas, and you can’t even tell that lookin’ around this house. : ( So it’s time to put away one thing for another—and take a much-needed break!
Starting with a wreath for the back door!
I saw this great idea on Jen’s blog—but I kind of expanded on it!
- I cut the wreath “open,”
- cut the sleeves off one of my stockpiled sweaters (reserved for stockings),
- and then I began to wrestle it around the Styrofoam form.
- Wrapped fully around the form, it’s too FLAT for me–
- so I used some pillow stuffing to plump it up!
- And then I basted it closed. I want to use the sleeves later on, otherwise I would have sewn the sleeves together for a a clean seam–shoulder to armpit.
I cheated with the rest of the wreath.
Let’s call it “Semi-homemade!” I used two pre-made candle wreaths, and just layered one inside the other~inside the sweater form. Then I embellished it with a Roe antler and large drop, drawer pull. Unfortunately, it falls into the iron address hanger and isn’t very “seen” ~I’ll probably change it to a pair of bells.
A few other outdoor things are also done….
and it has been snowing aLL day…have to go shovel.
Tomorrow we clear out the remainder of the Oz stuff and begin to clean and decorate, YaY! Then maybe it will finally begin to feel like Christmas? ! ♥ !
The dogs mark the side path entrance–which is invisible now from snow.
The accumulating snow has since buried everything and there is almost nothing to see–again, sigh. ¦’ /