Remember this Craig’s List dresser?
Remember how I cut it “in half”~
~and how I had a 2-part plan for a bench and a console?
1st– I needed to reinforce the new bottom of the (now) bench. I created a frame and detailed edge using some very hard oak & the router.
And then I needed to give it some feet. Of course, I didn’t seem to have 4 of anything appropriate for this dresser- but I DiD have 2 pairs of complimentary bun feet!
-and chose a green paint-scheme to keep it perky!
Okay, I’m still trying to figure out this chalk paint– and I still didn’t get it “right,” so my game plan changed along the way.
Now, latex paints, I get. Tinting the color, the “feel” of it and manipulating the finish. Using glazes, dirty-ing it up with stains, aging it with waxes–I’ve been doing it a looong time.
I WILL conquer this chalk paint–in time. With patience. And obviously–smaller projects during this learning curve!
It’s strange to me how this paint DRIES LIGHTER, but changes dramatically when waxed! So I learned that I should’ve picked the fabric AFTER! And you can see that it was changed before all was said and done!
You can also see the change of hardware—from my flea market collections!
It’s BRIGHT to be sure–and this was NOT my intended outcome.
When the project started, I was thinking “teenaged girl!”
Yep~there’s a definite learning curve–you have to think differently with this paint. –I’m also still struggling with coverage and how far it’s supposed to go.
It was just ONE of the projects I took to the antique mall to refill my space today. I tore up the whole left side to clean and reset.